by the Chef Marshall O'Brien Group
Oven-roasting salmon with herbs and spices on a foil-lined pan allows for easy clean-up of this simple, tasty meal. The lemon and basil highlight the tasty flavor of the salmon.
Recipe provided by the Chef Marshall O’Brien Group.
- 1 1/4 pounds salmon, portioned into serving sizes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh lemon, reserve half for juice, slice other half thinly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rub fillets with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Remove any bones with a tweezers or pliers.
- Line pan with parchment or foil. Choose a sheet pan with 1⁄2 inch sides to retain cooking juices.
- Place fillets, skin side down, on sheet pan.
- Combine herbs, garlic and onions. Cover fillets with mixture. Squeeze lemon juice on fillets and place lemon slices on top of each fillet.
- Bake in oven until firm to the touch, about 15-25 minutes.
The Chef Marshall O’Brien Group is a dedicated assembly of professionals based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, committed to the goal of using nutrition to get kids and families to lead happier, healthier lives.