About the curriculum
Our goal is to provide well-rounded experiences that nurture and enhance your child’s development by offering “learning through play.”
Purposeful and educational activities are designed to:
- Stimulate critical thinking skills
- Develop creativity
- Enhance learning
- Develop language skills
- Develop problem-solving skills
- Develop communication effectiveness
The “learn through play” curriculum has been customized for the specific needs and interests of children, talents and abilities of staff members, and the resources within the YMCA and surrounding community.
Your child’s learning experience is enhanced with enrichment activities that are included in your Preschool tuition.
Activities are different for each location and age group—some examples include:
- Introductory Language explores languages like Spanish or American Sign Language through games, storytelling and songs.
- Kids’ Fitness, which helps children build a foundation of healthy habits while having fun with exercise and movement.
- Music & Movement lets kids explore musical concepts, including song, dance, rhythm and musical instruments.