River City Ramble 5K
The Y is, and always will be, dedicated to building healthy, confident, connected and secure children, adults, families and communities. Every day our impact is felt when an individual makes a healthy choice, when a mentor inspires a child and when a community comes together for the common good. Join us as we accomplish these and more!
Saturday, August 3, 2013
5K Run/Walk: 8:00 a.m.
Kids 1K Fun Run: 9:00 a.m.
The 5K Run/Walk will begin on Fourth Street, the first portion is slightly uphill, the middle section is a flat loop through a residential area with beautiful vistas over looking the Mississippi River and Red Wing. The last portion of the run/walk returns to Fourth Street and is downhill to the finish line.
To view a map of the course, click here.
Overall mens and female champions in the 5K will receive a handcrafted Red Wing Pottery Jug. Age group awards will go three places for the 5K. All participants will receive a race t-shirt.
10 and under
May be done in person at the Red Wing Family YMCA, by mail or on-line.
Race day registration will be at Central Park beginning at 6:30 a.m.
Registration on-line has closed. Call or stop by the Y today or register on Saturday, August 3 in Central Park between 6:30-7:30 a.m.
Pre-Registration through July 31, 2013: $20.00 per person
After July 31, 2013: $25.00 per person
Kids Fun Run is free.
Early packet pick-up will be available at the Red Wing Family YMCA on Friday, August 2, 2013 between 1:00-7:00 p.m. Packet pick-up on race day will be at Central Park between 6:30-7:30 a.m.
- Changing facilities, restrooms, and showers will be available at the Red Wing Family YMCA. Participants may cool off in the pools or soak their muscles in the hot tub.
- There will be one water stop on the course. Water and refreshments will also be available in Central Park at the end of the run/walk.
- Timing will be done by Jesse Nelson. Results will be posted online.
- Proceeds benefit the Red Wing Family YMCA and Camp Pepin youth programs.
- The River City Ramble is part of Red Wing's River City Days. To see what is happening all weekend, go to rivercitydays.org.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Email Elaine O'Keefe or call 651-388-4724.