Mayo Clinic River City Ramble 2015
2 Mile Walk, 5K Run/Walk & Kid's Fun Run
Saturday, August 1, 2015
Overall M/F champions in the 5K AND 2Miler received a handcrafted Red Wing Stoneware Water Pitcher. Age group awards go to three places for the 5K & 2Miler. First place age grouper M/F's will receive a Red Wing Stoneware coffee mug. Second and Third place age groupers will receive a Red Wing Stoneware mini crock.
70 YEARS +
IF you were an age group winner and have not yet picked up your award, please contact Elaine O'Keefe at 651-800-9428 to make pick up arrangements.
Congratulations to all the runners and walkers who competed today. You are all health champions!
At the Y we believe that getting fit starts by taking one step at a time. For many in our community, taking that step can be a challenge and keeping up with a fitness plan even more so.
We are please to continue the tradition of partnership with Mayo Clinic Health System Cannon Falls, Lake City and Red Wing to to bring you "Get Ready to Ramble". This program was designed by certified professionals from both Mayo Clinic Health System - Cannon Falls, Lake City and Red Wing and the Red Wing Family YMCA. The program developers lead this evidence based 10 week program appropriate for people of all ages and abilities. Come alone or bring your family or a friend and join us for a great journey into better health!
Participants in the program will receive:
- 10-week training plan with space for goal setting & record keeping
- 10 "Learn from the Expert" sessions every Monday at 5:15 p.m.
- 10 guided walks or runs during the session
- Help developing a plan to sustain your new level of fitness
- Post walk or run cool down
- Weekly e-mails that motive, educate and inspire
At each session, we will break into walking and running groups as follows:
- 2 Miler Walking Program: A beginning program that will take you from 0 to 2 Miles in 6 to 10 weeks with the goal of completing the 2Miler and feeling great afterwards!
5K Run Program: For moderate exercisers who what to take on the challenge of running the 5K, even if you have never run before.
Watch for the next round of this program in 2016! If you would like to learn more about the training program, contact the YMCA Healthy Living Director, Martha Harris.