When you support the Red Wing YMCA, you strengthen our community, you make a better us. As the nation’s leading nonprofit for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y uses your gift to make a meaningful, enduring impact right in your own local area. Your donation ensures those who need us most have access to quality programs, activities and facilities—designed to help kids thrive and advance diversity and inclusion. Financial contributions from individuals and families allow us to remove financial barriers to being an active member of the Y community. For example, an annual gift of:
- $2,500 will help 30 children from low-income backgrounds have fun, make friends and be nurtured by trained, caring counselors in the Y’s summer programs.
- $1,500 will enroll 10 children for the entire school year in our after-school program that provides a safe, caring and positive learning environment.
- $1,000 will give 10 underserved youth an opportunity to attend day camp OR two kids will be able to spend a week at overnight camp.
- $500 will allow a family in need to enjoy all the benefits—in spirit, mind and body—that a year-long Y membership provides.
- $250 will help an adult be part of our 12-week LIVESTRONG at the YMCA program for cancer survivors
Making a financial gift:
- Give online
- Check—make payable to Red Wing Family YMCA and mail to: 434 Main Street, Red Wing, MN 55066
- Tributes and matching gifts—contact us to make a gift in honor or memory of a loved one, or for information about securing a matching gift from your employer
- In-kind donations
- Legacy gifts—contact us for planned or deferred giving and learn more about our endowment through our Heritage Club
The Y is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization Tax ID 41-0695614. Your gift is tax-deductible as allowed by law.
Volunteering means you’re part of the Y mission—you’re a champion for building healthy spirit, mind and body for all. It’s also a wonderful opportunity to make new friends and contacts, keep your mind and body healthy and learn new skills. Y volunteers do many things—here are some examples of how you can get involved:
- Care for kids at day camp, in drop-off child care or after school
- Coach sports teams
- Create a safe environment on the fitness floor or in the gym
- Greet and assist members at the front desk
- Facilitate special-interest groups and activities
- Help with fundraising efforts
- Mentor young people through our YPals Program
- Teach fitness skills and healthy living practices
Business Partner Program
Business owners join the Y's Business Partner program to proclaim their support for the health and well-being of children, families and seniors in the greater Red Wing area. Proceeds from the program help provide membership and program participation for those families who could otherwise not afford it, cover expenses of free programs like the Y Pals Mentoring program, and offset the cost of providing quality programs to all at an affordable rate. The Business Partner Program is so much more than a banner program. The Y has expanded the Business Partner Program to include access to our Corporate Membership Program. By working with local businesses we aim to increase their employee's health, improve workforce attendance, increase connections within work teams and strengthen our entire community by doing our part to make Red Wing a choice location for those looking to relocate to a community that cares deeply for its members. For information or to join us in our mission to improve the health of the community, please contact Mike Melstad: firstname.lastname@example.org.